A word from the Insurance Brokers, Chris Wheatley of Wheatleys Insurance Brokers
Heres an Input from our freinds over at wheatleys insurance brokers (https://www.wheatleys-insurance.co.uk/) about the benefits of Manned Guarding from an Insurance point of view.
When providing Insurance cover for property, high value & or theft attractive stock, vacant buildings or construction sites with plant, equipment and materials at risk, Insurers will often make specific security standards a pre-requisite before providing the required cover.
From minimum physical security standards for a property through to perimeter protection, Alarms and or CCTV systems there are multitude of measures that Insurers could insist be put in place before Insurance cover is provided.
When assessing any Insurance risk Insurers will look at both exposure and the existing measures in place to mitigate loss or damage before deciding whether to offer Insurance cover and whilst there is no guarantee of acceptance there are certainly ways in which more favourable Insurance terms and cover can be offered and that is through the use of Manned Guarding.
Used in conjunction with other security methods and or as a sole service, Manned Guarding Operations demonstrate to Insurers that;
• The person or company requiring the Insurance are serious about security and property protection
• Insurers recognise the professional and regulated status of security personel
• Risks such as arson, vandalism and theft are generally reduced
• Unauthorised access to site by trespassers can be prevented
• Other non-crime related matters i.e. a flood or a fire can be detected earlier mitigating possible damage
Due to the above Manned Guarding Services are viewed positively by the Insurance Industry and can make a real positive difference as to how Insurers view your business risk.